I absolutely love banana bread- I love how simple it is to make, how amazing it makes my flat smell and how you don’t waste those bananas that are slightly over-ripe.
This recipe is my absolute favourite, it has nutella in it. Anything + nutella = 10000000000000 times better, duh.
So, the recipe is super simple-
- 3 over-ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (if you don’t have the patience to wait for your bananas to riped you can always squeeze the peel and then leave it for an hour, they will go brown pretty quick.)
- 110 g melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 table spoon of cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 150 g of sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of Nutella
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- Some extra Nutella to use as icing.
How to (it really is this simple):
- Pre-heat your oven on 175 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the egg.
- Add all the ingredients.
- Poor/spoon (depending on how ripe the bananas were) the mixture in a cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes- you know it is done when you put a knife in the middle and it comes out clean)
- Let it cool.
- Spread some Nutella on top, you can also use some chocolate sprinkles if you want to live life on the edge.